Our marketing plan
Our objective is to sell your home for the highest possible price in the shortest time possible. Our marketing plan has three main components:
This is the key piece of the marketing puzzle – buyers are generally well-researched and savvy when it comes to pricing. Intelligent pricing is paramount. Without it, all the other marketing efforts are useless. Pricing closer to market value is generally the best way of ensuring a timely sale at a full price.
We employ a professional photographer / videographer to ensure that your property is shown at its absolute best. We will use these images to produce an elegant colour brochure of your property and to populate all online marketing materials. We can also help co-ordinate any decorating and/or staging that needs to be performed to get your property ready for these photos.
3. Marketing channels
We adopt a multi-channel approach to ensure that your property is disseminated to the widest pool of potential buyers possible.
▪ E-marketing – the internet is by far the most effective tool for engaging with potential buyers who are actively looking for Whistler real estate. We maximise the chances of your property being found by these buyers, who can be located around the world, by ensuring that your property features on multiple sites:
▪ WhisterIsHome.com – our website will feature a powerful listings page showcasing your property. We run an active SEO (search engine optimization) programme to ensure that our website ranks highly for both general Whistler real estate searches and specific property searches.
▪ mls.ca – makes your property’s details available to all realtors in Canada (not all Whistler realtors put their listings on the MLS).
▪ realtor.ca – the public interface of the MLS. All mls.ca properties appear on this site, albeit with a time lag.
▪ realtylink.org – the Greater Vancouver Real Estate Board’s public interface for MLS listings in BC.
▪ whistlerlistings.com – the most comprehensive site for listings of Whistler properties, and the site that is most frequently used by Whistler realtors.
▪ thornhillrealestategoup.com – your property will also feature on our brokerage’s website.
▪ Working the realtor network - we ensure that your property features on Whistler’s weekly tour of new listings, which takes place every Tuesday morning. This is our opportunity to engage directly with other Whistler realtors and to ensure that as many as possible are seeing your property first hand. In addition, we will promote your property on the Whistler Realtor Bulletin Board, highlighting its key selling points.
▪ Buyer database - we utilise both our own and the Thornhill Real Estate Group’s extensive buyer databases to ensure that your property is highlighted to potentially interested buyers.
▪ Thornhill Real Estate Group’s magazine - your property will be included in the next edition of glossy magazine, published twice year and freely available at numerous locations throughout Whistler.
▪ Open houses - if appropriate, we will host open houses at your property, at your convenience, making the property directly available to interested Buyers.
▪ Social media - we will highlight your property on our Whistler Is Home blog and via Twitter.
▪ Monthly newsletter - we will feature your property in the Hot Properties section of our monthly newsletter which is sent out to our database of potential buyers.
▪ Signage - where possible and with your permission, we will erect a For Sale sign outside your property.
This is a simplified presentation of the marketing plan that we will undertake to get your home sold. In addition, we put in a huge amount of work and energy behind the scenes to ensure that your listing results in a successful sale.